Thursday, December 15

LISD Transition, EEG, etc.

Yesterday was one long day! We started the day at the Leander ISD transition meeting, which lasted a solid two hours. It went about as expected, unfortunately. I was still holding on to a little bit of hope that they would see Bryce, read his history and realize that he needs summer services regardless of their asinine bureaucratic nonsense. No such luck.

Mostly she said that even if we could qualify him for services what he received would be pretty much worthless anyway. And the only way to qualify him would be to stop all therapy for six months and then assess him to show that he's regressed. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT TO THEIR CHILD IN ORDER TO RECEIVE 2-3 MONTHS OF SERVICES?? It's completely absurd and infuriating.

As it turns out we may have found a way to get him private therapy through Medicaid, which if it works out (fingers crossed) for all therapy disciplines would be an absolute saving grace! It would mean that I can get Bryce all of the therapy that he truly needs for the entire summer without having to have a meltdown at Leander's district offices.

You'd think this would make me not care so much about this ridiculous system to which we dutifully paid taxes to for 7 full years before Bryce was born. Nope. I can't get past how the whole system seems to be set up so that most people don't get the services they need and are entitled to. Unless you make a boatload of money, happen to be a lawyer or both you can pretty much guarantee you're not getting a fair shake.

So that's my rant for today. Sorry guys!

After just enough time for a nap and lunch I took Bryce for his EEG, which ended up being another two hour ordeal. He was so good though. Here are some pictures of him getting his probes attached:

Don't think for a second that I don't count my blessings EVERY SINGLE DAY! I may have to put up with a lot of crap when fighting for Bryce but good gosh, he's {SO} cute & sweet AND he smiles through it all. I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't so easy going!

That doesn't mean that he sat still for the 25 minute test. Here's a fun game to play on a rainy day. Get a two year old, stick a bunch of cords to their head and then see if you can get them to be still for 25 minutes and not pull any of them off. It was a challenge but we got it done!

I kept trying to watch the screen and see if I could see anything:

I saw a lot of things that looked really scary to someone who knows nothing (ME) but finally gave up on trying to make any real sense of it. We don't have any results yet but should this week since they wanted to get them before Bryce's botox on Monday morning. I'll be sure to let you all know as soon as I do.

After the EEG, Poppa picked up Bryce to deliver cookies to some of our North Austin clients. Which gave me a chance to finally stop in and visit a dear preemie mom friend of mine whose sweet little Harper had a hemispherectomy last week. Harper looked amazing - all pink and alert and .... so far seizure free! If you can, please take a second to include their sweet family in your prayers and/or blog reading activities: Twingate.

Thanks, as always, for keeping up with the Molines.


  1. I'm frustrated for you just reading this. I do think the government tries to make you go on a ridiculous hunt to find/get/qualify for the services you should be entitled to. I hope the Medicaid works out for you guys. That would be so wonderful for therapy for Bryce. Good luck!

  2. Thank you for sharing and venting, we don't always know the struggles and frustration. it gives us insight in how to pray. you & Caleb are amazing parents and Bryce is so precious. Jer 29:11 Love MIL


Don't be shy, let us know you stopped in!