Saturday, September 26

Change of Plans

There's been a change of plans and this time not due to Bryce - imagine that!

Bryce's planned extubation has been moved from Monday to tomorrow, early afternoon. He'll be getting his first dose of steroids this afternoon and until extubation. Following extubation another 24 hours of steroids is planned.

I'm scared to put this in writing but I feel good about this time. I've seen him breathe with nothing but a little extra oxygen and his tube stinting his airway open. Plus the ENT surgeon make two small incisions on Tuesday to help his airway open a little more. His oxygen and vent setting needs are as low as they've ever been.

And let's not forget - he is full term now!

Hard to believe I'm supposed to still be pregnant (well, maybe) but I have to say it's hard not to feel lucky that I get to hold him everyday. That I already know his personality. That he already knows us.

Wish us luck tomorrow and we'll keep ya posted!

Happy Due Date today, baby Bryce! You've changed our lives so completely but we wouldn't trade it for anything!

Tuesday, September 22

Broncoscopy Results

Bryce is back in his room getting settled. The ENT said he didn't see any extra tissue or abnormalities that he could fix surgically. He feels fairly confident that Bryce's muscles just aren't strong enough but advised one more good effort with a round of steroids. If that doesn't work then we'll have a sit down about doing a tracheotomy.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Monday, September 21

My Boys

Playing with Picnik = fun! This is a picture of Caleb and Bryce from Aug. 20, I can't believe how much bigger Bryce is than a month ago.

Quality Time

Trying to get as much Bryce time as possible before the great unknown tomorrow.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®